Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Making an Effort, Making Progress #flipblogs

...aaaaand just like that, I'm behind.

The weekend was packed. There were plans last night.

But this IS Post Number 10 out of 20 in the #flipblogs challenge.

I'm not even completely sure what to talk about today.



I think it'll be about my collaborative Pre-Algebra kids. As things have become more in-depth,  the mixture of "I find this a bit challenging" and "I don't really want to do this" has become stronger. Throw in "I'm distracted by my friend over there" and "I like to distract my friends over there," and some days are difficult.

Today we did some mixed practice - via a self-checking Google Form - and I worried they might revolt. Sit there and stare at the screen.

But they worked so well! Hands were going up, asking specific questions about things they didn't understand. A couple of kids who battle apathy were asking questions. My partner teacher and I got to work one-on-one with several students.

They're not all where I'd like them to be, but many of them are making an effort and making progress.

And I'll take that any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment