Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Feeling Productive #MTBoSBlaugust

 Today was our first remote learning day for the entire brick-and-mortar student population. Students don't have devices, yet, so we sent assignments home with them. Teachers had a faculty meeting this morning and then had time to clean and plan and prep for next week's full-on hybrid learning.


I accomplished everything I hoped to accomplish for the day and felt quite productive.

I mapped out my plans for next week and prepared materials and activities last weekend. This morning I printed out those materials and made copies. Keeping up with what needs to be copied and how many copies need to be made for which group is quite a chore! I took 4 post-it notes to the workroom with me to make sure I copied the right things in the right numbers, and then I labeled the many stacks with post-it notes so I might have a chance of giving groups of students the correct things on the correct days. It'll be a miracle if I did it all correctly.

After lunch, I recorded four videos. I have not recorded videos in a while - and this was the first time I recorded classroom videos using Screencastify - and I feel a bit rusty. Learning the new tech led to some re-dos and start-overs, but I eventually got them all recorded. I ended up pretty happy with all but one of them.

I messaged with a parent and sent reminders to students about their assignments.

At the end of the day, I had time to organize the stacks of copies, place the originals in my class binders, prepare my board with tomorrow's date and activities, and straighten up my room so it is ready for tomorrow.

If anyone ever proposes teachers getting a plan/prep/grade/organize day a week, I will be a huge supporter!

No comments:

Post a Comment