Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Trying to Hit a Moving Target #MTBoSBlaugust

 Today brought another slight change to some guidance about the upcoming days. After I had "finalized" plans and "knew" what I was going to be doing.

It's all good; I'm going to be able to use what I planned. But I'm finding that, even though I KNOW to expect change, I still have that brief, mostly-internal, panic moment. And today, in the moment of frustration, I had the thought, "The target keeps moving."

As I thought about that statement, I realize it is true for EVERYONE trying to make plans and decisions throughout and because of the global pandemic.

As more data is collected, new trends are seen, and departments of public health update guidance. Updated guidance results in school leaders revising plans. Revised plans trickle down to the classroom teacher, causing changes in the plans of the classroom.

Plans continue to change because the target continues to move.

I continue to remind myself that everyone is doing the best they can given the information they know at any particular moment. Being aware of this doesn't always prevent the momentary freak-outs, but it does allow me to take a deep breath and extend grace and understanding.

And regroup and take aim at that target once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment