Wednesday, September 10, 2014

5-4-3-2-1

Ok, ok...I didn't post yesterday.  I couldn't really come up with any "biggest accomplishment in teaching that no one else knows about."  And I was tired.

But I'm back on board for TeachThought's 30-Day Reflective Teacher blog challenge on Day 10.

Today's prompt looks like fun!



Share 5 random facts about yourself

  1. There was a time in my life when I could put both legs behind my head.
  2. I went half a year to 1st grade and half to 2nd, graduating high school when I was 16.
  3. I was salutatorian of my high school class.
  4. If I had been a boy, my name would have been "Jeffrey Major".
  5. I spent most of my 8th grade year in Cairo, Egypt.
Share 4 things from your bucket list
  1. Attend a taping of The Price is Right
  2. Go zip-lining
  3. Do the overnight hike to LeConte Lodge in the Smoky Mountains
  4. Visit Ireland
Share 3 things you hope for this year, as a person or an educator
  1. To maintain momentum and stamina
  2. To develop a growth mindset in my students
  3. To stay calm, mind my own business, and do my own job
Share 2 things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator
  1. Laugh - A student my first year of teaching, after mentioning the platonic solids were named for Plato, very seriously asked, "Is that the guy who made the gooey stuff you make things with?"
  2. Cry - Almost any note of thanks from a parent
Share 1 thing you wish people knew about you
  1. I have insecurity issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment