Sunday, September 28, 2014

My Go-To Sites

I'm behind!  It's been a busy weekend, and I haven't had a chance to respond to any of TeachThought's prompts for a few days.

So, a few short posts to get caught up.  I want to finish the month strong!

The prompt for Day 26 of the 30-Day Reflective Teacher Blog Challenge was:
What are your three favorite go-to sites for helps/tips/resources in your teaching?

I visit TeachersPayTeachers several times a week.  I find many, many resources there I use in class. Task cards, lessons, scavenger hunts, sorts, etc.  Resources there are inexpensive, and many are free. The activities are engaging, and my students enjoy practicing concepts in varying ways.  I have no idea how the teachers of TpT have or find time to create activities and make a business out of it, but I am thankful they do.

Pinterest is my second go-to site.  I follow several teachers (most whose blogs I read).  I get ideas for foldables for my interactive notebooks, lesson ideas, inspirational or informational articles from sites like Edutopia, and math jokes or cartoons to share with my students.  I pin ideas I find into categories I've created, and I am able to look through my categories to find ideas I saw and liked earlier.  I can also do a search for a particular topic and see pins I've made or pins from others that match the search.

Rounding out my Top 3 is Twitter.  Twitter is my site for daily PD.  I follow teachers and administrators who share ideas, articles, or inspiration.  I participate in the #flipclass chat every Monday evening.  Twitter has increased the number of connections I have with other educators and changed the way I think about many aspects of teaching.

I am thankful for the many sites out there with the goal of helping teachers.  I am thankful others are willing to share their knowledge.  I am a better teacher thanks to others who share their time and ideas in a public way.

No comments:

Post a Comment