Tuesday, September 25, 2018

If Teacher Ain't Happy... #flipblogs

I started this school year differently than in years past. It was something I wanted to try, so I did.

There were things about what I was doing that I liked. There were some lightbulb moments. There was growth in vocabulary.

But, a lot of the time, I wasn't having any fun. And if I'm not having any fun, I'm pretty sure my students aren't.



I was stressed over the new stuff a lot.

And my students weren't as engaged as I like to see.

So...I'm tapping out. I've given it a grading period, and for my well-being and the well-being of my classroom, I need to be more of the old me.

Happy teacher = happy students = happy classroom. Or, at least that's the way I hope it works.

I have a bit of a nagging sense of failure, but...you know what? Ain't nobody got time for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment