Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Introducing Flipped Lessons #flipblogs

Today was the day.

I introduced my Algebra 1 kids to flipped lessons.



We watched a video - a review of one- and two-step equations - together. I paused every once in a while and gave tips on how to "actively engage" with a video.

This is my fourth flipped year, and this is the latest I have introduced video lessons (we've been in school for almost seven weeks).

The reasons I delayed and how I feel about it are topics for another post (or two) that I'm still trying to flesh out.

I'm trying to upgrade some of my oldest notes and videos; that will take some time, but maybe I can find an hour or two every week to work on them.

I'm excited to see what happens over the next couple of weeks as students see the benefits of flipped lessons and as we get to do some of the "fun stuff" in class.

I'm really happy to be flipping again.

No comments:

Post a Comment